Did you know that lasers can be used to treat dental problems? Dr. Shruti Chahal uses dental lasers at Foothills Dentistry in Calgary, AB. Dental lasers offer a modern treatment option to patients with a variety of dental problems. Laser dentistry uses light energy to cut through the gum or tooth structure. Additionally, as a general dental treatment, laser dentistry helps prevent the spread of further infection for patients with gum disease or cavities. Patients who visit Foothill Dentistry for dental laser procedures receive preventative care against future oral health problems.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Lasers?
There are multiple advantages to laser dentistry. Modern dental lasers:
- Do not require sutures
- Offer painless treatment
- Allow dentists to provide efficient care
- Minimize bleeding
- Have a low risk of complications
- Offer precise treatment
With dental lasers, Dr. Shruti Chahal and her dental team can provide high-quality care that targets areas of infection and discoloration. Lasers are safe to use and provide patients with lasting results.
Dental Treatments That Use Lasers
Dental lasers can address soft and hard tissue, or the gums and teeth. The most common treatments that use laser dentistry include:
- Periodontal therapy: Dental lasers can be used to treat patients with periodontitis, or gum disease. Lasers can contour the gums and cut away infected gum tissue. We can also provide gum grafting using lasers if patients have receding gums.
- Root Canals and Dental Fillings: Lasers can be used as an alternative to dental drills. This is particularly helpful for patients with cavities. We can remove the infected pulp from within the tooth and prepare the cleaned tooth cavity for a filling.
- Teeth Whitening: Lasers can enhance in-office teeth whitening treatment. For patients who are not overly sensitive to whitening treatment, we can heat whitening gel placed on the teeth with a dental laser.
Receive Modern Dental Care Today
Do you want to learn more about laser dentistry? Request a dental appointment with Dr. Shruti Chahal on our website. If you are a new patient, contact Foothills Dentistry at (587) 410-0821. Current patients may call (403) 203-0367. Please let Dr. Chahal know at your next consultation if you have further questions or current dental concerns.