Dentures & Partials An Overview
Missing teeth can affect the way you feel about your smile, as well as your dental health. Replacing missing teeth can restore function and beauty to your smile. For patients missing one or both arches of teeth, dentures are an excellent solution for restoring your smile. Today’s dentures are more natural looking and effective than ever before. Most dentists use advanced technology to create dentures that fit comfortably and securely in the mouth.
At Foothills Dentistry, we can work with you to find the right restorative dental solution for your missing teeth. After a consultation, we can determine if a full denture, cosmetic denture, partial denture, or implant secured denture is right for your dental needs.
Common Types of Dentures:
- Removable Dentures: Removable dentures are designed to fit the grooves of the mouth. They are crafted to resemble your natural teeth and are typically able to function in your mouth for many years. This type of restoration just replaces the visible portion of the tooth, which does address issues like jaw bone deterioration. Depending on your needs, your dentist may recommend a full or partial removable denture.
- Implant Secured Denture: Securing a denture with implants helps as extra needed stability and strength that can’t be achieved with a removable denture. Dental implants help stimulate the jaw, which helps reduce the risk of bone loss. With implants secured dentures, patients can enjoy their favorite foods, smile without worry of slippage, and smile confidently.
Your experienced team of restorative dentists at Foothills Dentistry are dedicated to helping you achieve a healthy, functional smile. We can work with you to find the right solution for your missing teeth. If you would like to explore your tooth replacement options, visit our Calgary, AB dentist office.
Implant Secured Dentures
Whenever applicable, we will recommend implant secured dentures for patients missing a full or partial arch of teeth. Dental implants act as an extra layer of support for your dentures, allowing you to chew, speak, and laugh without worry of slippage. Implants are also designed to replace the natural tooth root, which helps stimulate the jaw bone and lower your risk of bone loss due to missing teeth.
Using dental implants to secure a dentures offers these key benefits:
- Minimizes irritation to the gums and surrounding area
- A more secure tooth replacement options
- Patients can enjoy their favorite foods without
- A greater level of comfort and stability
- Minimizes the appearance of wrinkles, facial sagging, or hollowness caused by lost teeth