Laser Dentistry An Overview
Laser dentistry has transformed the field of dentistry, especially in the way dentist handle general, restorative, and cosmetic treatments. Depending on the laser, they can be used to handle hard and soft tissues cases. Dental lasers allow dentists to handle your dental concerns with great precision, better accuracy, and with a lower risk of complications. Dental lasers offer less invasive and more effective solutions for many common dental health problems.
At Foothills Dentistry, we use soft tissue lasers to assist in a wide range of general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry treatments. When applicable, we will employ dental laser treatment as part of your treatment plan.
What Can Dental Lasers Treat?
Dental lasers are commonly used to treat gum disease, tooth decay, gummy smile, discolored teeth, gum contouring, soft tissue treatment, and a wide range of dental health conditions. In some cases, when compared to traditional methods of dental surgery, soft tissue lasers allows for less bleeding, faster healing, less pain, and may even eliminate the need for anesthesia.
The Benefits of Laser Dentistry
- May reduce the amount of downtime needed after a procedure
- Supports the body’s natural healing response and tissue regeneration
- Reduces the risk of infection
- Increased accuracy and efficiency
- Minimizes bleeding and swelling after treatment
- Less discomfort and pain associated with traditional methods
- Adequately treat various stages of periodontal disease