Metal Braces An Overview
Get Braces For As Low as 200 a Month!
Complete Braces Cost Ranges from $3,795 to $4,795
Financing: $595 down+ $200 a month for 21 months
Dr. Chahal offers comprehensive orthodontic evaluation and treatment in Calgary for children and adults. Metal braces offer several benefits and can be used to treat a range of orthodontic concerns to straighten teeth and improve bite function. Traditional metal braces allow us to shift your teeth into the proper alignment gradually. They are considered more effective than clear aligner systems when correcting severe to complex dental health concerns, overcrowding, and bite problems. In some cases, patients can begin their orthodontic treatment with traditional metal braces and finish with invisible braces, such as Invisalign.
What Can Metal Braces Treat?
Your personalized orthodontic treatment is designed to address our specific needs. Our team can work with you to determine if traditional metal braces are the best solution for your smile. Metal braces can be used to address the following concerns:
- Moving the permanent teeth into the appropriate position
- Creating space for erupting teeth
- Helps reduce the risk of impacted teeth
- Improving eruption patterns
- Shortening treatment time for corrective orthodontics
- Improving certain types of speech problems
Malocclusion may be the result of certain factors such as missing teeth, abnormal jaw development, bad dental habits, crowded teeth, and other dental concerns. We may recommend traditional metal braces to address a vast range of orthodontic problems. They are ideal for children, teens, and adults who are in need of orthodontic treatment. In many cases, orthodontic issues are best treated during the earliest stages of development. Some patients may even be able to forgo advanced orthodontic care with early intervention.
What Are Braces Made Of?
Traditional braces are typically created using titanium or stainless steel. A functional set of braces are comprised of three parts.
- Brackets: A bracket is attached to the tooth using a special glue that holds them in place.
- Archwires: An archwire connects each bracket.
- Elastics: Elastics connect the archwire to the bracket. Elastics are customizable, and you can change the colors during your appointment.